Thursday, August 2, 2012

Catch up to the past few months!

HEY! Its been way too long since I last posted. I've been slacking.... or I've been at school or work. But that is no excuse for leaving my 5 followers out of the loop! HAHA....

Okay, so as most of you know I have already gone to and finished guitar building school in Arizona. It was a good experience, and now I realize that I would love to do that full time, but it just doesn't pay the bills. I still owe the school some money, so I don't have my guitars yet, but I will have them one day.

I moved back to Texas and am now working for a government contractor, and going to school at CTC for Environmental Science. I'm hoping to finish up with an Environmental Engineering degree at some point.

Work is work. Boring sometimes, fun sometimes, but its always work and its a paycheck that helps with things like rent and food and gas. If you are in the military now and contemplating on getting out or staying in. STAY IN! It sucks while you are there sometimes, going away for a week, a month or a year. However, in the end it is worth all that to retire and get a little extra each month. Plus you forge relationships with people, when you leave them they seem to slowly diminish. On part of both parties, but still. It sucks.

School is awesome. I loved every minute of guitar building school. Learning the ins and outs of the build process and making a tree stump into a playable instrument. I also found out that I love to build amplifiers. It has to do something with the electricity or what have you.

Environmental Science classes have not started yet, but I do enjoy my CTC classes. So far, History I, GOVT I, Speech, and Comp 2 are complete. I'm signed up for more classes that start in a week or so and I am so ready to get going. Although I have to relearn algebra, its going good.

I am trying to work out my schedule to be able to spend more time with friends, take care of other projects and get into building guitars once again. Its a long tedious process, but my education comes first. Followed by my job, and then beer, and then finally sleep. So in between all of those things I am making time. I'm thinking I may give up beer to allow more time to sleep, or see friends.

Hope everyone is good. I have not bought a penguin yet.

Follow your heart.... but make sure you don't take it all the way out, you need it to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment