Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Second First of Many

So, this is my second First blogg! I kinda didn't know what to do on the last. Anyways, I have 6 days left in the army. 2 of which are Saturday and Sunday. I'm getting excited and nervous. I'm also a bit grumpy this morning. Seems our building runs out of hot water, or has no water pressure at all. One of many things I hate about the Army. Its not Big Army's fault, but being a single soldier you would expect us to be taken care of a lil better. But we aren't married so our comfort is put to the back of the list of things needed. A roof, and a bed, maybe a meal or two. Thats all we really need.

I'll be moving back to Texas to stay with my Mom while my Stepdad is deployed to Afghanistan for a few months. Then its off to Sunny Arizona where I will learn the ways of the grain(woodgrain) from the Staff at Roberto-Venn School of Luthiery. Guitar building!!

Each morning for the past few days I have had to go down to my company area to "check-in". Basically go to work, in uniform to prove that I am still alive. Waste of my time and not really all that exciting. I do get to see everyone from work, and what is going on. But that is the extent of it. After that I am basically waiting to go to some appointment somewhere for a short amount of time. It's not like I can't just call, or text someone to tell them I am not AWOL! Useless waste of gas, time and sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment